Business Rules in parallel Approval Flow

Hii,

I have to involve Business Rules given by admin by controlling the internal team or percentage through Admin page.

Details:

We have 3 internal teams, who will approve the request sent, now, ADMIN can set the internal teams, it might be 2 or 1 or 3.

I am using Internal team Group which Contain 3 subgroups (Eg: PricingTeam, transportTeam,CashTeam) - Depends on Admin selection it should move forward.

If Admin gave for x case it should go to only pricing and cash team, next time  he change for the x case to only pricing.

Thanks,

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I think we need to get a bit of structure into this.

You have a stream of incoming requests which have to be approved by one of many different groups. A "admin" should be able to steer this assignment.

Is that correct?

Now, this assignment logic, how does this look like? Based on some criteria, date, category, round-robin, random, load-balanced?

Does that admin configure a logic which is evaluated for each case, or does that admin decide each case manually?

• Thanks For respondong,

1. yes, the incoming request that to be approved by different groups, 

2.Admin can decide it manually.

Eg:

ADMIN have a form, he will fill X product name and select internal groups.(Pricing and cash team)

Now, 

The flow starts by vendor, if the request has been sent for this X product it should go to only Pricing team and CashTeam.

On next time, 

ADMIN can modify the Form like for X product name it should go for Pricing and Transport Team.

so now, again from vendor if the request has been sent for this X product it should go to only Pricing team and TransportTeam.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to antogladvinj3315

I really have a hard time understanding this ...

ADMIN have a form, he will fill X product name and select internal groups.(Pricing and cash team)

Now, 

The flow starts by vendor, if the request has been sent for this X product it should go to only Pricing team and CashTeam.

On next time, 

ADMIN can modify the Form like for X product name it should go for Pricing and Transport Team.

so now, again from vendor if the request has been sent for this X product it should go to only Pricing team and TransportTeam.

I try to guess now, what I really try to avoid !!!

When a request comes in, you assign a task to that "admin". He selects a product. Based on the selected product you automatically assign the approval task to one or more of these groups.

Correct?

What is then your actual question?

• Let me tell the rule:

Product                                                          InternalTeam

Product 1 PricingTeam,FinanceTeam
    Product 2 FinanceTeam

Flow:

Vendor sends request to change price for product 1 to buyer >> as of product 1 it should go 2 teams, if vendor sends for product 2 to buyer >> to only finance team.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to antogladvinj3315

Do you already store the mapping of product-to-approval-teams somewhere?

So, in Appian you can do dynamic task assignment. Means, write an expression that determines the assignment groups and call it in the assignment field of the user input task.

Reply Children