Base64 Conversion Utilities - deprecated plug-in - SFTP?

Hi all,

Our health check mentions that we should remove this deprecated plug-in and use SFTP instead.  I have the SFTP plug-in installed but not sure how this plug-in is actually supposed to convert a base64 string to a document.  I don't see what function would accomplish this.  Is there another plug-in I should be using?

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi timothym906,

Sorry, I don't know the answer but to correct you that the SFTP plug-in of type Smart service and not function.

Also don't completely rely on the health check reports. Please go by the Appian version of which you are using and try to confirm with the Appian product support whether the plug in is really deprecated. If the plugins are being developed and supported by Appian professional services then they will release some patch to fix the plugin to comply with new Appian version.

Thanks - Naveen
  • There are no plans I'm aware of for appian PS to rebuild the base64 expressions plugin. The plugin in question hasn't been available for some time now - maybe as long as 2 years.

If you search shared components there are many base64 plugins for various integrations available. (I've not come across one where SFTP is a suitable replacement admittedly).

Anu @ Appian created the below one for us for DB integration (and also the sharpoint and SSRS ones all of which replaced the need for base64 conversions outside of a smart service).

forum.appian.com/.../summary