Configure DOCX from dynamic template - images

Hello,

i am using this smart service from plugin "Advanced document templating" to fill a word template with process data. Everything is working fine for text fields, but i do not know how can i insert image from appian into the docx.

In attached picture you can see node inputs for the smart service. There is node input for Images but i have no idea how and to which field in docx template it should be mapped.

For text fields i have prepared docx template with MergeFields doc.project.name and doc.project.surname. Into XML data model i put:

="<project>"&"<name>"&pv!name&"</name>"&"<surname>"&pv!surname&"</surname>"&"</project>

When i run this process, new document is created and correctly filled. But i do not know what should i put into Images node input Value and which field has to be created in docx template.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    For the Images node put a pv of a list of documents that are the images you want to appear in the document.

In the docx template you need to insert bookmarks from Word's Insert tab. The name of these bookmarks should match the XML tag name, so if you have <images1> you'll want the bookmark to be named images1. You'll likely want to set up merge field with #list if you'll have a variable number of images.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    For the Images node put a pv of a list of documents that are the images you want to appear in the document.

In the docx template you need to insert bookmarks from Word's Insert tab. The name of these bookmarks should match the XML tag name, so if you have <images1> you'll want the bookmark to be named images1. You'll likely want to set up merge field with #list if you'll have a variable number of images.
Children