Export SQL to Flat File (Text Format) - Column Value with Space is coming within Double Quotes

Hi All,

I am using Export SQL to Flat File Smart Service where for of the column we have large text value (A paragraph value with spaces) which is enclosed in "" automatically by the Smart service.

Other text values without spaces (E.g. Prakhar_Garg_09_10_2017) is coming perfect without any "" (Quotes).

Please let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you are getting the values directly from the database when using the Smart Service, you might not be able to use an Appian function. Have you tried using something like: SET Name = REPLACE(Name,' " ', ' ' ) in your SQL code to remove the quotes from that value?
    Otherwise, as Jamal said, you could consider using the stripwith() or cleanwith() functions before you save the values into the database to being with, which would remove this downstream issue.
  • Thanks for the response,

The behaviour of the Plugin is quite weird.

For one of the column having long statements as value, the value is getting enclosed in "" but in the same column if you have just 2 words like Prakhar Garg then 1st word is coming in 1st line and automatically 2nd word comes in other line in txt file but without "".

I am getting values directly from table using sql script.

I am not sure what I am missing.
  • Thanks for the response,

The behaviour of the Plugin is quite weird.

For one of the column having long statements as value, the value is getting enclosed in "" but in the same column if you have just 2 words like Prakhar Garg then 1st word is coming in 1st line and automatically 2nd word comes in other line in txt file but without "".

I am getting values directly from table using sql script.

I am not sure what I am missing.
Children