Export SQL to Excel Plug-in

A Score Level 1

Hi All,

When I trigger the action as a Basic user, I am getting the following alert notification:

The following error was raised by the Export to Excel function: PrivilegeException[null=>null]: User Does Not Have Rights to Perform this Operation

I have checked 'Run as whoever started the process' under Assignment Tab as shown:

Are Basic users not allowed to perform any operations using this plug-in?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Few things to be looked upon:
    1. Check if you have provided access to user for Document Folder/KC to create document?
    2. Nowhere it is specified that user should have admin right access to execute this smart Service.If you change privileges for point# 1 and it worked.
    Please share so that we could conclude.
  • : Can you please try the below things:

1. First try to run smart service as whoever designed the PM, Then will come to know what exactly the issue.
    2.As Former Member  suggested  , Please check the Document Folder/KC security .

Note:
    Appian strongly recommends  to use the Export Data Store Entity to Excel smart service in place of Export SQL to Excel (part of the Excel Tools Plug-in).

• Hi Ravi,
    For now can you please create any user as an admin in all the environment and assign the task to him meanwhile I will check the plugin code and get back to you. I am so sure that plugin does not have that mechanism that might be issue with the any of the dependent object security.

Thanks
  • Instead of run as whoever started this process,
    check run as whoever designed this process model.

Save and publish and try again.

• Venkatesh Suram (venkateshs427) , Hi reg the note on "Appian strongly recommends to use the Export Data Store Entity to Excel smart service in place of Export SQL to Excel (part of the Excel Tools Plug-in)" , Export Data store entity to excel can be able to export only 50 columns. I don't find any configuration to set the columns limit.Which plugin can be used to export data with many columns?