Error in Export SQL to Excel

Hi All,

I'm trying to export sql data to excel, I'm facing a issue.

Error : 

There is a problem with task “Export SQL to Excel” in the process “PKEDC_CaseManagement”. The following error was raised by the Export to Excel function: null
Problem:  An error occurred in executing an Activity Class.  
Recommended Action:  Examine the activity class to correct the error and then resume.  

can some one help with what data i'm missing

Thanks 

Pradeep

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Pradeep,

More information is needed such as screenshots of node to examine the problem
  • Hi Pradeep,

Can you please check the Cell keys and Cell values for the plugins
  • Hi pradeep,

If possible please elaborate your use case so that it will be easy to sort out the issue .One thing is obvious that the error occurred due to incorrect inputs. Ensure that the required inputs are properly mapped.If you are facing any issue regarding passing the inputs , if that is the case , take a screen shot it will be helpful.

Thanks,
    ravalik
  • It would be very helpful to see the actual code that you are trying to use in the node. I find that this component is very sensitive to formatting. Some tips:

1. Make sure you are surrounding the SQL statement in quotes.
    example:
    "SELECT * FROM `tablename`"

2. If you are passing process variables (pv!) as data to construct the query, make sure you break the quotes before inserting the pv! and resume afterwards.
    example:
    "SELECT * FROM `tablename` WHERE `column_A` =" '&pv!someVariable&' "AND `column_B`= ' "&pv!otherVariable& " ' "

3. Also be mindful of how the query would look like if this was pure SQL. For example pay close attention to single quotes around variable values and things like that.

4. Ensure that your query is able to handle null values otherwise enforce via the process model that the node cannot be passed a null value.

• Hi Pradeep,

Follow step by step process to generate document using Export SQL to Excel smartservice
    i took empty excel_base_template file
    configure the following properties
    Document_name_to_create: "SQL_Excel"
    Document_save_directory: RAL_Backup
    Excel_base_template: sql_template
    Include_header_row: true
    Jndi Name: "jdbc/secondarydatabase"
    Sheet_number: 0
    Sql: ="select deptid,deptname from raldepartment "

it is successfully generating document based on the sql query .

Regards,
    Raju K
  • Hi,

Cross verify the configuration carefully and see something you are missing or doing wrong here.If there is any mistake correct that. if problem is still there, then share the screen-shot of configuration then people here will help you.

Regards
    Abhay