Excel Tools: Export CDT to Excel smart service can't be found under Integration Services > Excel Tools

I have downloaded and deployed the latest version of the plugin (2.0.2) and found that I am unable to select the Export CDT to Excel smart service. The icon seems to be missing from the palette. Switching back to version 2.0.0 brings it back again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with 2.0.2 and was able to resolve it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Apparently, version 2.0.2 of this plug-in has deprecated the CDT to Excel smart service for reasons not given (perhaps the aforementioned race condition).

Per the Shared Components Record:

The official AppMarket page for this plug-in is here.  I suggest, for anyone else who requires the CDT to Excel node to remain available, drop by and leave a comment there also.

This is also very dismaying to me, as I have several places where I require to use this smart service, and was looking forward to upgrading some of my legacy uses to the (relatively recent) updated version that allows word wrapping to be preserved.

And to clarify, I use Export CDT to Excel for use cases that are NOT handled by either Export SQL to Excel or Export Data Store Entity to Excel.  My primary issue with these is that the export requires data to be exported as-is to Excel straight from a database table or view, but in many cases I require the ability to transform one or more columns (convert usernames to user full names, convert awkward datetimes to sortable-formatted datestamps, etc etc).

• Hi,
    I have installed Excel Tools looking to use Export CDT to Excel smart service. I have the requirement to form dynamic links to some of the columns while exporting to excel. I could not find the smart service for 18.3 version. Is it not available? Or is there any substitute function to achieve this?
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to saic929
    Hi - please read over the prior comments in this thread, which all go into detail about how this feature was removed after version 2.0.0
Reply Children
No Data