SFTP Smart Service plugin Remote File Path to send from Appian Cloud to On-Premise

Hi,

I am looking into the plugin community.appian.com/.../sftp-smart-services to see if it is a viable option to send flat files (.csv files) from Appian Cloud to an on-premise location. The plugin has a "Remote File Path" parameter that it takes. Can this be used for our use case ?

Thanks,

Raj

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

If your remote location is a S/FTP server, or a server supporting SCP, then yes that plugin should work. The on-premise location would have to be available over the internet or over an Appian Cloud VPN.

• Hello Justin,

I have been trying this out with my personal computer (over the internet and running SSH - so SFTP enabled as can also be confirmed via sftp command from command prompt).  My personal computer is serving as an on-premise location that is available over the internet.  The Appian Cloud environmnent is our harbourvest development server harbourvestdev.appiancloud.com.  I am trying to use the "Send File Over SFTP - Basic Credentials" but it does not work.  The logs indicate 

============================================================================

2019-10-14 21:57:51,891 [Appian Work Item - 42626 - execution00 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest - An error occurred while executing activity: id=3922, classname=com.appian.ps.plugins.sftpsmartservices.SendFileOverSFTPBasic
    com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException: userMsg[error.sftp_conn=Error establishing SFTP connection. Confirm your hostname, username and password. See application server log for more details. Error Message: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)]
    at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException$Builder.build(SmartServiceException.java:145)
    at com.appian.ps.plugins.sftpsmartservices.SendFileOverSFTPBasic.createException(Unknown Source)
    at com.appian.ps.plugins.sftpsmartservices.SendFileOverSFTPBasic.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.lambda$call$0(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:131)
    at com.appiancorp.plugins.PluginUsageLogger.runWithPluginInformation(PluginUsageLogger.java:52)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:131)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor$1.call(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:125)
    at com.appiancorp.common.ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.runInContext(ContextClassLoaderSwitcher.java:25)
    at com.appiancorp.process.runtime.framework.DefaultActivityExecutor.execute(DefaultActivityExecutor.java:125)
    at com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest.execute(UnattendedJavaActivityRequest.java:83)
    at com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest.execute0(UnattendedJavaActivityRequest.java:55)
    at com.appiancorp.process.engine.ContinuationRequest.executeOuter(ContinuationRequest.java:71)
    at com.appiancorp.process.engine.ContinuationRequest.execute(ContinuationRequest.java:100)
    at com.appiancorp.process.workpoller.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.onMessage(UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.java:35)
    at com.appiancorp.process.workpoller.WorkItem.run(WorkItem.java:84)
    at org.springframework.jca.work.SimpleTaskWorkManager$DelegatingWorkAdapter.run(SimpleTaskWorkManager.java:239)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.createSocket(Util.java:349)
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:215)
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:183)
    ... 17 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.createSocket(Util.java:343)

============================================================================

For hostname I am  using the IP address of my machine.  I also do not have any firewall running. 

Please advise.  I understood your earlier comment to mean that the on-premise location can just be available over the internet also which is the case here.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajj0001

Hi, Are you able to identify the issue for connection timeout while having a SFTP connection?

Reply Children
No Data