Stored Procedure Plugin

Hi All,

I have a requirement to store CLOB data type in a Database table "TABLE1" where one column is of type CLOB. I did not see a direct solution for this . I decided to work with Execute Stored Procedure plugin for this

I have a stored procedure where is one  IN Parameter is of type "TYPE" of the same table where one CLOB column is present but when I am trying to run the SP from Appian it gives me 

"java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type" exception in this IN Column. In Appian I have configure this INPUT Type parameter as the same CDT which is linked with the "TABLE1" . I have mapped this as multiple type

Does some one help me on this.

Thanks-

Ruchi

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Depending on what you're storing in the CLOB, you may actually be able to handle this using a standard XSD. It is possible to map to TEXT and BLOB types using an XSD, but you have to configure the field type manually. For example, I've created a table with an ID column and a BLOB field, but when I create the XSD, i see the following:

I can create the CDT regardless, then download the XSD and manually add the BLOB field mapping:

I then create a new version of the CDT from an XSD, and the CLOB field is mapped as shown below:

This of course assumes that you need to map the field as a string - i.e. you're not storing a file within the field.

Certified Lead Developer

Depending on what you're storing in the CLOB, you may actually be able to handle this using a standard XSD. It is possible to map to TEXT and BLOB types using an XSD, but you have to configure the field type manually. For example, I've created a table with an ID column and a BLOB field, but when I create the XSD, i see the following:

I can create the CDT regardless, then download the XSD and manually add the BLOB field mapping:

I then create a new version of the CDT from an XSD, and the CLOB field is mapped as shown below:

This of course assumes that you need to map the field as a string - i.e. you're not storing a file within the field.

Children
No Data