I'm using 'Import excel to database' smart service in the process. When I run the process, it executes successfully, but does not write anything to database table. Does anyone have suggestions?
Hi ashoku Could you please elaborate on this ?
I wanted to import data in an excel document into database table. I created columns in the db similar to the columns in excel doc. Created a process model and configured all the parameters as required for Ímport excel to database' plugin. When I execute the process, it completes successfully without any error. However, the database table is still blank with no data.
Please note, our environments r in 19.4. Not sure if this 'Excel tools' is compatible with it considering the app market mention it is compatible with 17.1+, 19.3
I would like to suggest a different plugin "Parse Excel to cdt" which can help you in this scenario.
Input Configurations for Parse Excel to cdt:
1. Excel document :The first row of the template should be identical to the cdt parameters that you have created.
PFA sample excel template and cdt screenshot.
2. Sheet number: If you have the data saved in Sheet 1 of your excel, give the value as "0" so that the smart service do not give you an invalid range error.
3. Row number to read from : As per requirement. (I have configured this as 1 in this case).
4. Number of columns to read in a row: As per your requirement .(In this i have configured it as "3" since i have 3 column values to be written into the database).
5. Cdt: Create a pv with the cdt type to be written into database. Ensure the pv is marked multiple.
1.return C D T : Map this into the pv created.
Step 2: Pass the pv into "Write to data store entity " smart service. Ensure that you have checked the input value as "Multiple".
Thanks, but that plugin was already deprecated.
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
© 2020 Appian. All rights reserved.