Import excel to database

Hi,

I'm using 'Import excel to database' smart service in the process. When I run the process, it executes successfully, but does not write anything to database table. Does anyone have suggestions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Please note, our environments r in 19.4. Not sure if this 'Excel tools' is compatible with it considering the app market mention it is compatible with 17.1+, 19.3

• Hi,

I would like to suggest  a different plugin "Parse Excel to cdt" which can help you in this scenario.

Step 1:

Input Configurations for Parse Excel to cdt:

1. Excel document :The first row of the template should be identical to the cdt parameters that you have created.

PFA sample excel template and cdt screenshot.

2. Sheet number: If you have the data saved in Sheet 1 of your excel, give the value as "0" so that the smart service do not give you an invalid range error.

3. Row number to read from : As per requirement. (I have configured this as 1 in this case).

4. Number of columns to read in a row: As per your requirement .(In this i have configured it as "3" since i have 3 column values to be written into the database).

5. Cdt: Create a pv with the cdt type to be written into database. Ensure the pv is marked multiple.

Output Configurations: 

1.return C D T : Map this into the pv created.

Step 2: Pass the pv into "Write to data store entity " smart service. Ensure that you have checked the input value as "Multiple".

testnew.xlsx