Export SQL to EXCEL

Hi Experts,

Earlier we were using Export SQL to Excel for generating the Excel from the db having 387 columns.

This particular service has got deprecated, how can we get this undepreciated or if there is any other workaround to generate the same.

Tried using Export Data Store Entity to Excel but it not working beyond 50 columns, when trying to break the colomn into set of 50 and then trying to right in next 50 column the previous column data is getting deleted.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to Chris

Hi Chris,

This will be weekly import process, I have thought on following approaches for importing the data,

1: Reading the data with readexcelsheetpaging() function and then transform it into custom data type and then write it to db using Write to data store entity, with this approach we are able to contain our RequestId in the records. Here problem is when the data set it to large it brings down the server

2: For larger data set I'm are trying to use the same smart service in a script task with batch size of 1000 row at a time, after writing it to db I'm chceking if it last batch is matching the count, if not then looping back to script task to read next 1000 lines and transform into cdt and then write.

3: Exporting the data to a staging table using Export Excel to Db and then moving data from staging table to main table along with Request Id.

Please suggest if there can be any better approach.

Children
No Data