Content Security Policy error in my SAIL or User Interface Plugin

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Team,

I am creating a sail extension or javascript based UI plugin (Chatbot), it worked perfectly without adding any Content Security Policy (no meta tag added) from VS Code, but when I deployed the plugin in my VM (where appian is installed), it is throwing out Content Security Policy errors in the console. Please help.

[Report Only] Refused to load the script '<js_source_link>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'self'". Note that 'script-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.

[Report Only] Refused to load the script '<js_source_link>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'self'". Note that 'script-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.

[Report Only] Refused to load the stylesheet '<css_source_link>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "default-src 'self'". Note that 'style-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'default-src' is used as a fallback.

CC:  Support 

Thanks,

Bharathwaj RK

bharathwaj.rk@roboyo.com.au

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Thank you for your help . Despite of setting all the dynamic url and details set as per Appian suggestion in custom.properties, etc/hosts, I saw some errors related to Content-Security Policy as [Report Only].

The errors in the console were only [Report Only] and we can ignore them as per Appian. But I wondered why my UI not rendered as expected and inspected the iframe (SAIL Component) in Appian Interface and found that height was not set properly to body tag which was the cause for my Plugin not showing in the UI.

After I set the body tag height based on the sail component's parameter height, my sail component worked as expected.

Regards,

Bharathwaj RK

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to bharathwajrk

Hi Bharath,

I am also facing the same issue.Can you elaborate more about the fix? Did u update the body tag height in the component plugin source code?

Regards,

Subha

Reply Children