Issue with Accept Task smart service

Hello, I am struggling to use the "Accept Task" smart service. I don't have the expected behavior as detailed in the document. Any idea? Best regards Fabien...

BEBY_ACCEPT PB.docx

OriginalPostID-124074

OriginalPostID-124074

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If it only works for sys admins, my guess is your "Accepting" user doesn't have permission to accept the task. As mentioned in my previous post, if you save the node outputs they might give you some information about what's happening.
    Some more information about Security Contexts can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../Designing_a_Process_Model.html

But basically you can't specify an arbitrary user to accept the task if it's running unattended. It has to be the process initiator or designer. If you need to accept it as a different user, then you'd have to create a modified plugin with a user as an input. (And again, that user still needs to have permissions to accept the task. I.e. be in the original assignment pool, or a manager of the process.)

• If it only works for sys admins, my guess is your "Accepting" user doesn't have permission to accept the task. As mentioned in my previous post, if you save the node outputs they might give you some information about what's happening.
    Some more information about Security Contexts can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../Designing_a_Process_Model.html

But basically you can't specify an arbitrary user to accept the task if it's running unattended. It has to be the process initiator or designer. If you need to accept it as a different user, then you'd have to create a modified plugin with a user as an input. (And again, that user still needs to have permissions to accept the task. I.e. be in the original assignment pool, or a manager of the process.)

Children
No Data