So I'm using the Advanced Document Templating plug-in. One of the things I s

So I'm using the Advanced Document Templating plug-in. One of the things I seem to keep coming across is, when I create a string like:

"<document><value1>test</value1></document>"

I then place this string into a process variable and then feed this variable into the XML Data Model input. On the Word template side I have created a merge field in the word doc--just like the instructions explain.

OK, so I run this thing and I get back is an error. The error is:
{"error":"APNX-1-0000-000","message":"Invalid Content ID","title":"An Error Has Occurred"}

I looked into the process variables and have observed that the xml variable containing the string I created displays as:

a title="&lt;document&gt;&lt;value1&gt;test&lt;/value&gt&lt;/document&gt;

So this looks like some conversion is going on.

Anyone run into this?

OriginalPostID-197232

OriginalPostID-197232

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks for your note. I resolved it. Two things of note:
    1) it seems the Process Variables view was displaying the XML I generated as if it was run through a toHTML() function. So I was looking at a false negative on that.

2) It had nothing to do with my input, rather I had some Word merge fields which were misspelled (i.e. referencing fields which were getting passed in). So it seems this causes problems but the error message doesn't quite give me a clear indication. The lesson here is that I can pass in fields through the XML data which don't get used in the Word template but on the Word template side I can't reference any XML Data fields which haven't been passed in.
  • Thanks for your note. I resolved it. Two things of note:
    1) it seems the Process Variables view was displaying the XML I generated as if it was run through a toHTML() function. So I was looking at a false negative on that.

2) It had nothing to do with my input, rather I had some Word merge fields which were misspelled (i.e. referencing fields which were getting passed in). So it seems this causes problems but the error message doesn't quite give me a clear indication. The lesson here is that I can pass in fields through the XML data which don't get used in the Word template but on the Word template side I can't reference any XML Data fields which haven't been passed in.
Children
No Data