Appian 16.1 on cloud. Virus scan for uploaded files. I have gone thr

Appian 16.1 on cloud. Virus scan for uploaded files.

I have gone through some of the forum entries and the related ones date back to 2012. So I would like to know the latest on this.

No out-of-the-box antivirus integration is available to scan files while uploading them. We can create a plugin to achieve this by using a virus scan utility that has a Java API (like Symantec ScanEngine - SSE). But my query is if this is feasible for cloud applications as well ? Because my assumption is that Appian server should have SSE running all times and a default port needs to be open through the firewall to allow communication with the scan engine. But Appian does not allow any third party software to be installed/run on cloud servers ! Any thoughts/suggestions on how to virus scan for uploaded files for applications hosted on Appian cloud ?

OriginalPostID-205085

OriginalPostID-205085

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You cannot prevent those extensions from being uploaded. You can only delete them immediately after the upload inside a process by checking their extension assuming most of your files make it to Appian via a form.

Note that we have shared your use case with our Product Management Team for this enhancement to be considered.

Eduardo Fuentes
    Appian Cloud and Community Services
  • You cannot prevent those extensions from being uploaded. You can only delete them immediately after the upload inside a process by checking their extension assuming most of your files make it to Appian via a form.

Note that we have shared your use case with our Product Management Team for this enhancement to be considered.

Eduardo Fuentes
    Appian Cloud and Community Services
Children
No Data