Unable to Publish Portal

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, 

When I try to publish a portal, I am seeing the following error:

Publishing error. Could not publish. When connecting directly to an external data source you must use a data source connected system. Check the following data sources: jdbc/Appian.

Please help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Harsha, 

I'm a product manager at Appian working on portals feature. I wanted to ask you which version of Appian you're on. In 23.1, we allow you to connect to record types and process models directly without needing a connected system, however, in some scenarios, users were receiving this error message. It was fixed in the hotfix that was released on March 17.

If, however, you are trying to connect to external data source, you will still need to set up a connected system object. 

• Hi Harsha, 

I'm a product manager at Appian working on portals feature. I wanted to ask you which version of Appian you're on. In 23.1, we allow you to connect to record types and process models directly without needing a connected system, however, in some scenarios, users were receiving this error message. It was fixed in the hotfix that was released on March 17.

If, however, you are trying to connect to external data source, you will still need to set up a connected system object. 

Children