Save data from input task node when you have a timer

In a process I have an user input task with a timer. I want when the timer is triggered the data that was input to be saved. Any ideas how to achieve this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Hi @catalinp I believe you can achieve this functionality by following below mention steps:

1. Capture notes in activity class parameter and save it into process variable, so that users can atleast save the form and the data will be captured in activity class parameter

2. Configure expression based timer, if the ac!note is empty then do not enable exception flow else move it to next exception path, now add your db node to persist this data into DB

3. Alternatively, if you don't want to go for conditional based timer then, better have a gateway in between user input and db node of exception flow and check if pv!note is empty then reassign the task to the Same user so that user should not miss the task unless he do not input the note and save it.

Hope this will help you

• I don't think this can be done an easy way. But I can suggest something that you may want to consider. Create a temporary table for holding all the information on the user input task. When the user is entering information into the form, on the saveInto, do a a!writetoDatastoreEntity() to write whatever got captured into that temporary table. When the timer kicks out and you come out of that user input task, reroute it to a script task where you query that temporary table and fetch the data into a pv! and you can use it elsewhere in your process.