When I click on process model menu bar shows ??? instead of Process Model name.
I'm on Appian 17.2 version. have anyone faced this issue ?
In the past, when i have seen this (in 17.x), here are some things that we did to address
- Use IE and clear cache
- Properly shutdown and startup Appian
- Do you have checkpointing setup? If not, please schedule
Hope something there helps!
Thanks for reply.
But no Luck...Still same issue
Did you check in all the browsers. when ever you click on process model did you see any thing in the logs?
I tried in IE & FireFox.Same behavior in both browsers. I see below logs when I click on process model:
2019-09-24 13:48:26,996 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR com.appiancorp.ap2.p.proclauncher.Util - Unexpected error launching process model: 43, java.lang.IllegalStateException: The start form for the process model [id=43] was not found. currentLocale=en_USjava.lang.IllegalStateException: The start form for the process model [id=43] was not found. currentLocale=en_US at com.appiancorp.ap2.p.proclauncher.Util.getActionForward(Util.java:169) at com.appiancorp.ap2.p.proclauncher.GetProcessModel.main(GetProcessModel.java:23) at com.appiancorp.common.struts.BaseViewAction.executeImpl(BaseViewAction.java:127) at com.appiancorp.common.struts.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:453) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:286) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:260) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:137) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:350) at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:25)
Based on the error, looks like your start form might have been deleted.
"The start form for the process model [id=43] was not found"
There is no start form for this process process. This error is there for all process models.
please check your form language, where you are placed the form..
We don't have Start for for any process.
Just to clarify - is there a problem when executing the process, or is the only issue that the process name displays with question marks? It seems to me that this is likely a symptom of something else, so it would be easier to understand if we know what other behavior is happening. For example, is this happening for all processes? Certain ones? More information would help us troubleshoot
There is no issue in execution of process, it's just process display name. This display name issue is for all the processes even if I create new processes it's same.
If there's no functional issues, then I'm pretty certain it's a language issue. Can you check to see if you have multiple languages enabled? If so, check your Process Properties and see if you are missing a process display name for any of the languages.
We have only one language enabled (English(en)[en_US]) but two things I just observed 1) when I'm trying to add processes to an Application through design I'm not getting any processes models after typing name in Process Model field. When I added through the option of Add Existing - Folder Contents I see ??? for name and Description.
When I imported this patch to different environment processes name displays correctly when I click on process model.
2) When I try to create new rule and new Rule input Type is displayed in different language on this environment.
If you open one of those process models that has question marks, can you configure the name in en_US? That should at least resolve the issue with your process models.
Which version are you using? I believe internationalization settings moved to the Admin Console in 17.4, so if you are 17.3 or earlier you might need to check your custom.properties to see what languages are enabled in each environment. Maybe that is configured incorrectly and that is causing your issues.
I'm on Appian 17.2 I got the solution for this.
I went to internationalization setting page on designer. Changed Enabled Languages from English to Spanish and saved.
After few minute again changed back to English and now it's showing Process Model names as well as variable time on rule input.
Thanks for help Lewis, Christine, Bhanu & Shanamukha
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
© 2019 Appian. All rights reserved.