Menu bar display ??? instead process model name

hello,

When I click on process model menu bar shows ??? instead of Process Model name.

I'm on Appian 17.2 version. have anyone faced this issue ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • If there's no functional issues, then I'm pretty certain it's a language issue. Can you check to see if you have multiple languages enabled? If so, check your Process Properties and see if you are missing a process display name for any of the languages.

• We have only one language enabled (English(en)[en_US]) but two things I just observed 1) when I'm trying to add processes to an Application through design I'm not getting any processes models after typing name in Process Model field. When I added through the option of Add Existing - Folder Contents I see ??? for name and Description.

When I imported this patch to different environment processes name displays correctly when I click on process model.

2) When I try to create new rule and new Rule input Type is displayed in different language on this environment.

• If you open one of those process models that has question marks, can you configure the name in en_US? That should at least resolve the issue with your process models.

Which version are you using? I believe internationalization settings moved to the Admin Console in 17.4, so if you are 17.3 or earlier you might need to check your custom.properties to see what languages are enabled in each environment. Maybe that is configured incorrectly and that is causing your issues.

• I'm on Appian 17.2 I got the solution for this.

I went to internationalization setting page on designer. Changed Enabled Languages from English to Spanish and saved.

After few minute again changed back to English and now it's showing Process Model names as well as variable time on rule input.

Thanks for help Lewis, Christine, Bhanu & Shanamukha