XOR Node not saving outgoing path selected

Certified Senior Developer

I have a process model containing multiple XOR nodes. In one of them - I have repeatedly defined the outgoing paths (there are 2). After Save and Publish  - the one outgoing path is not saved. The process model actually seems to still work but why won't the outgoing path selected save? See attached. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to judym598
    I thought about that but I need the condition on the top.

Well, i realize this, but I was thinking more of trying just for troubleshooting purposes Wink...  In particular, it would give us clues, perhaps, as to whether the error has to do with the outgoing path in particular, or with the XOR node itself.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

I understand but I'd have to come up with another condition since I'm really only checking for that bottom condition - if that's not met - the flow moves on. I've configured XORs with only 2 options before - multiple times and never ran into this before. Thanks for your help though - your suggestion made me redo the script task which ended up working...as strange as it was.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to judym598
    I understand but I'd have to come up with another condition

Oh - to clarify, I just meant what happens if you switch the output dropdowns, not changing the conditions at all.  I know this would result in the opposite of what you eventually need, but again the point in this exercise is to troubleshoot the saving issue, and then switch things back after we figure that out.  Sounds like it's a moot point now anyway, but that's my thought process for the record.

Thanks for your help though - your suggestion made me redo the script task which ended up

Hm.. I'm curious what it could've been.  I've noticed this sort of thing happen before but only in like legacy process models where something funny was included along the way.  I'm tempted to think that there could have been some invalid condition or bad expressioned configuraton in the target script task.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

I reconfigured the target script task exactly as I had it previously - still works. I just ran a test.