I have a process model containing multiple XOR nodes. In one of them - I have repeatedly defined the outgoing paths (there are 2). After Save and Publish - the one outgoing path is not saved. The process model actually seems to still work but why won't the outgoing path selected save? See attached.
Just for a sanity check - try placing a brand new XOR node, configuring it the same way, and seeing if the problem persists or not. I've seen (very rarely) funny stuff like this happen with an XOR node in the past and I get the impression (though can't speak with much authority) that they can get bugged sometimes for reasons we can't see through the process model designer.
I just deleted the XOR node and re-added it, as suggested - twice and both times it did not save the outgoing path. Any other suggestions? As I mentioned in my first post - this seems to work - if the first condition is not met, the flow goes to the 'undefined' one j- probably because they are connected. I just don't understand why it's not saving the outgoing path when I select it.
I'm not sure, but I get the feeling as if this might stem from some unseen issue in the process model.
What happens when you switch the output paths selected? I'd be curious if the "missing" one is always the bottom path, versus the "Start Renewal Process" path.
I thought about that but I need the condition on the top. I actually deleted the script task for the outgoing path that wasn't being saved AND the XOR again and reconfigured them both and now it saved. Not sure why this behavior occurred but it worked.
Judy Miller said:I thought about that but I need the condition on the top.
Well, i realize this, but I was thinking more of trying just for troubleshooting purposes ... In particular, it would give us clues, perhaps, as to whether the error has to do with the outgoing path in particular, or with the XOR node itself.
I understand but I'd have to come up with another condition since I'm really only checking for that bottom condition - if that's not met - the flow moves on. I've configured XORs with only 2 options before - multiple times and never ran into this before. Thanks for your help though - your suggestion made me redo the script task which ended up working...as strange as it was.
Judy Miller said:I understand but I'd have to come up with another condition
Oh - to clarify, I just meant what happens if you switch the output dropdowns, not changing the conditions at all. I know this would result in the opposite of what you eventually need, but again the point in this exercise is to troubleshoot the saving issue, and then switch things back after we figure that out. Sounds like it's a moot point now anyway, but that's my thought process for the record.
Judy Miller said:Thanks for your help though - your suggestion made me redo the script task which ended up
Hm.. I'm curious what it could've been. I've noticed this sort of thing happen before but only in like legacy process models where something funny was included along the way. I'm tempted to think that there could have been some invalid condition or bad expressioned configuraton in the target script task.
I reconfigured the target script task exactly as I had it previously - still works. I just ran a test.
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
© 2020 Appian. All rights reserved.