Start a process from Site interface. How to show wait screen towards end of a process AND also show confirmation box before starting process?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Appian community, happy summer,

I have a use case where there is an interface with buttons (Approve, Deny, and Back) on a site page.

I initially set the Approve and Deny buttons up as button widgets and had a startProcess function inside. However, this approach will not display the "wait screen" after triggering the process that is towards the end of the process to "buy time" and to allow the previous request that the user clicked Approve or Deny to disappear when the user clicks FINISH on the wait screen and returns to the site interface. Therefore, the user experience is returning to the site too early to still see the original request on the screen after the user already chose Approve/Deny.

Then, I tried using submitLink which allows startProcessLink and wrapped it in a cardLayout in lieu of button widgets. This approach allowed my chained process to display the wait screen. However, the drawback is there is no way for me to have a confirmation window pop up.

The business user's feedback is having the confirmation window pop up is more important. I want to ask the community if there is a better solution that allows me to have the best of both worlds?

TIA

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to dcao

For the confirmation box you can use only buttons, you can get that option in buttons also. If you use buttons, you should take ruleInput as text not as boolean value for buttons. Because you have three buttons. 

a!buttonWidget(
            label: "Submit",
            submit: true,
            value: "SUBMIT",
            saveInto: ri!button,
            style: "SOLID",
            loadingIndicator: true,
            validate: true,
            confirmMessage: "Are you sure ?"
          )

Or else I am trying to say, in a process model you can create an interface like that.

With the help of StartProcessLink() you can configure the interface as a dialogue box. Best way is using recordAction. If you have not any scope to use recordAction, you can follow the mentioned solution. 

Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Prasanta Paul

I am currently using that and limited to not able to show the wait screen that is a user input task just for the logged in user to click a FINISH button to "buy more time" before returning to the site interface too soon. But a button can only have startProcess in the saveInto section.

That is the trade off I will have to take