One of our users doesn't want to receive the "This task was assigned to

One of our users doesn't want to receive the "This task was assigned to you..." notification.
Is there an easy way for a user to configure their own email notifications? If not is there something we can do at the process model level?

We are using the cloud version.

OriginalPostID-169299

OriginalPostID-169299

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• 1. Is this a Cloud or On-Premise customer? The item to select in the dropdown is different depending on the type of environment (Cloud vs On-premise)

2. For those users that are still receiving the email, run the plug-in then ask them to login to /suite/apps -> "Alerts"-> "Edit Alert Settings" -> "Process" -> "New Task Assigned to Me" and "New Task Assigned to Me and Others" and review the value for the setting.

Check if they've previously modified this value manually.
  • 1.This is an On-Premise Customer.
    2.I will try this and I will get back to you soon :)
  • Hi Eduardo, As per my testing please find the steps and still the ppl are receving Emails :(
    1.Created a PM with 2 Edit Alert Settings for User SS with Assignment as run as admin( Task is assigned to me and Task is assigned to me and others)
    2.Changed the Alert settings for me as well.
    3.Generated a Task.(This Task is assigned to a Group XYZ and Myself and the User A are part of it).
    4.I am not receiving any Emails but User A (for whom I have changed the Notifications) is receiving the Emails.
    5.After running the PM, I have checked my Edit Alert settings and it is changed to Never and Never for both New task assigned to me and others and New Task assigned to me.
    6.It has changed for User A as well. and User A and Myself are both Administrators.and the Task which is assigned is been triggered from external system.
    am I missing anything.
  • If the alert settings of the user are indeed set to NEVER, maybe this is not the automated email but an email sent by a process with the Send Email Node. Have you checked?
  • Hi Eduardo,Please find the Email which is been generated and I have also checked it that there is not automated Email from Smart service

• Ok let's try something else then given this is an on-premise environment:

1. SSH/Remote into the ENGINE_SERVER where the Appian Engines run
    2. Open ear\\suite.ear\\conf\\custom.properties
    3. Search for

server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_me_timing
    server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_others_timing

4. Are they there?
    5. If not there, past these two lines at the bottom:

server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_me_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_others_timing=never

6. Stop the engines
    7. Start the engines
    8. Once they are up and running again (checkengine shows Okay), stop them again
    9. Start them

This should disable these emails for all users, new and existing without the need for the plug-in.