Exception flows

We have an exception flow configured for a user input task. Exception flow is triggered using "Receive Message" event. This process is receiving message from another process in the application. When an exception flow is triggered that task is skipped and it goes to next task. Everything is working correctly, the only problem is notes that they are entering in the task are not getting saved in CDT. The CDT has no value. How can we avoid this?

OriginalPostID-239005

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi, are you sure that the two are related?
    - Where is the task that the user is entering notes - is that the task directly after the exception flow is triggered, or is it part of the process sending the message?
    - Are the notes being entered on the interface properly saved to rule inputs / activity class parameters / process variables / configured correctly in the write to db smart service?
    One way to verify if the "Receive Message" event is causing the issue, is to try running the model from a normal start node instead of through the exception flow. Are the notes saved correctly in the CDT through this method?
  • Attached is the process diagram to help you understand the flow. And I have run the model without exception and it is working correctly.

issue 1.docx

Certified Lead Developer
    If a user has entered information (such as notes) in a task, but has not submitted the form, generally speaking such data will be lost if the task is skipped by exception / timer. As far as I know there's no way of changing that, but you should be able to mitigate your issues by refining the process design. For instance, make sure that any time the user enters some data they intend to save, they press a button (for instance) which submits the form, saves the data to PV, and then chains back into the form again. I can't quite tell what your form is currently doing, so it's hard to comment in more detail without making blind guesses.