131788 - no subject - I'm trying to come up with a report of p

I'm trying to come up with a report of process models and their current designer (not creator, but that last person who published). Is this possible? The use case is that we need to disable the user accounts of some former process model designers and we want to make sure they are no longer the designer on any models.

I tried pm!designer but that doesn't seem to work....

OriginalPostID-131788

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer
    I'm not sure how to get this field (although it displays as the "Author" if you go to the Versions grid on the process model details, this is not much help when you want to look at every process model.) But one simple fix for your use case would be to export your application(s), and re-import them as "Administrator", which would re-publish every process model in the application(s) as Administrator, ensuring all nodes that run as designer will run correctly after your former designers are deactivated.
  • Jason- that's a great long term solution but unfortunately we have not maintained our applications over the years and instead have a large number of patch applications. Our code base is large enough that I would also worry about overwriting production code with rogue code in development that was never promoted.
    Certified Senior Developer
    Peter, you can easily add patch applications into the main application via Add Contents. If you need to re-publish in production, you can export and import from Prod. It's a best practice to always use the Administrator account for production imports to avoid this issue. Also, it's a good idea to have a full application zip to check into source control. :-) Good luck with your apps!
  • I had thought pp!designer would give you this information, but upon further review that appears to be showing the creator. Maybe someone from Appian can shed some light on pp!designer vs pm!creator?
  • To answer the last question...pp!designer is the latest person who published the model while pm!creator is the very first user who created it.

pp!designer can be used inside a process to report the latest person who published the model but not in reports where it will always return pm!creator.

To see in a report-format who is the latest person who published process models you can add them to an application (no dependencies needed). The app builder shows a column that displays that information.
  • Thanks Eduardo, the app builder will serve our purposes, especially with it's ability to add all contents of a Process Model folder. I can easily add all models and then sort by "Last Modified By" to see any non-admin account users.