I have created a BOT (as suggested by the Appian RPA tutorial) to update a single DB row and it works just fine..Here are the steps in brief
My Appian DB:
1. opening the browser: https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington
2. updating value in search: pv!restaurant.restaurantName (comes from the process model which retrieves the data from the DB)
3. click on search button
4. Getting status (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.status
5. Getting date (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.date
This is my CDT
and the process model
My process variables:
Get Restaurants to Search Node:
Execute the RPA and saving the values in restaurant variables
Writing to the restaurant variables:
This works just fine. The status and date field on my DB gets updated with the value it extracts from the https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington
Now I am trying to do this for multiple restaurants and update it's status and date for multiple DB rows (4 rows in this case) but this does not work
my DB is:
my RPA looks like:
The loop is "repeat" 4 times.. I am thinking it will execute each row of the DB for each loop.
rest everything is same
my CDT is also same
and my process model is all same except I have mentioned my process variables as multiple
When I execute the process model
1) I see the BOT opens the 4 chrome browsers (one after other) but all the 4 times it populates the name of the first restaurant only: True Food Kitchen
2) It errors out at
this is what I see in the process details
"Get Restaurant to Search" node works just fine and retrieves all the 4 rows.
not sure why botstatus and botvariables contain the data for only 1 restaurant.
Write to restaurant variables .. changes the value to null :-( doing something wrong here for multiple inputs ??
This is what I am doing at Write to restaurant variables
Any help will be appreciated..
let me know if you need any more information
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
closing this.. I was finally able to achieve multiple DB rows update through Appian RPA
The PV should be marked as a "multiple" to be able to hold multiple values, both in RPA and the Process Modeler.
© 2023 Appian. All rights reserved.