How to retrieve and update multiple rows of the database through an Appian RPA BOT

Hi,

I have created a BOT (as suggested by the Appian RPA tutorial) to update a single DB row and it works just fine..Here are the steps in brief

My Appian DB:

BOT is

1. opening the browser: https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington

2. updating value in search: pv!restaurant.restaurantName (comes from the process model which retrieves the data from the DB)

3. click on search button

4. Getting status (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.status

5. Getting date (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.date

This is my CDT

and the process model

My process variables:

Get Restaurants to Search Node:

Execute the RPA and saving the values in restaurant variables

Writing to the restaurant variables:

Updating DB

This works just fine. The status and date field on my DB gets updated with the value it extracts from the https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington

Problem:

Now I am trying to do this for multiple restaurants and update it's status and date for multiple DB rows (4 rows in this case) but this does not work

my DB is:

my RPA looks like:

The loop is "repeat" 4 times.. I am thinking it will execute each row of the DB for each loop.

rest everything is same

my CDT is also same

and my process model is all same except I have mentioned my process variables as multiple

When I execute the process model

1) I see the BOT opens the 4 chrome browsers (one after other) but all the 4 times it populates the name of the first restaurant only: True Food Kitchen

2) It errors out at

stating

this is what I see in the process details

"Get Restaurant to Search" node works just fine and retrieves all the 4 rows.

not sure why botstatus and botvariables contain the data for only 1 restaurant.

Write to restaurant variables .. changes the value to null :-( doing something wrong here for multiple inputs ??

This is what I am doing at Write to restaurant variables

Any help will be appreciated..

let me know if you need any more information

thanks

jaideep

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data