I have created a BOT (as suggested by the Appian RPA tutorial) to update a single DB row and it works just fine..Here are the steps in brief
My Appian DB:
1. opening the browser: https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington
2. updating value in search: pv!restaurant.restaurantName (comes from the process model which retrieves the data from the DB)
3. click on search button
4. Getting status (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.status
5. Getting date (from UI - CSS selector) and updating restaurant.date
This is my CDT
and the process model
My process variables:
Get Restaurants to Search Node:
Execute the RPA and saving the values in restaurant variables
Writing to the restaurant variables:
This works just fine. The status and date field on my DB gets updated with the value it extracts from the https://inspections.myhealthdepartment.com/va-arlington
Now I am trying to do this for multiple restaurants and update it's status and date for multiple DB rows (4 rows in this case) but this does not work
my DB is:
my RPA looks like:
The loop is "repeat" 4 times.. I am thinking it will execute each row of the DB for each loop.
rest everything is same
my CDT is also same
and my process model is all same except I have mentioned my process variables as multiple
When I execute the process model
1) I see the BOT opens the 4 chrome browsers (one after other) but all the 4 times it populates the name of the first restaurant only: True Food Kitchen
2) It errors out at
this is what I see in the process details
"Get Restaurant to Search" node works just fine and retrieves all the 4 rows.
not sure why botstatus and botvariables contain the data for only 1 restaurant.
Write to restaurant variables .. changes the value to null :-( doing something wrong here for multiple inputs ??
This is what I am doing at Write to restaurant variables
Any help will be appreciated..
let me know if you need any more information
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
The PV should be marked as a "multiple" to be able to hold multiple values, both in RPA and the Process Modeler.
© 2024 Appian. All rights reserved.