Expression Editor hangs in Chrome when scrolling past line 96

Hi,

I've had a couple of occurrences of this error in the last few days. When using Chrome to edit an Expression Rule or an Interface (in Expression View), if I try to scroll down past line 96, the browser hangs and does not recover. I'm not sure why line 96 is so special :)

The same behaviour works in Firefox (and used to work in Chrome).

I'm using Appian 17.1 (cloud) and Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    It's really strange, because i didn't face any such kind of issues so far. As per my understanding, if the same is working in some other browsers such as Firefox then, you can try uninstalling Chrome and reinstall the same again, i understand that you are using the updated version of chrome but still once try re-installing chrome again.

I don't think it's an issue of Appian. For an instant, if i assume that we are loading huge amount of data, or invoking any service on load, but still in that case also it will show Waiting... but will never hang which cannot be recovered.

For better debug of issue, try to open the same interface/expression rule in some other PC other than yours using chrome browser and check are you getting the same issue there too?

But i feel, it's a browser issue.
  • Thanks for your reply . I think there is a reasonable chance that you are correct about it being a browser issue. I have asked around in my team and nobody else seems to have the same issue (although they are running older versions of Chrome).

I thought I would raise it here just in case others were having the issue.

Since I do have a workaround (i.e. use another browser), it's not a critical issue for me.
  • Thanks for your reply . I think there is a reasonable chance that you are correct about it being a browser issue. I have asked around in my team and nobody else seems to have the same issue (although they are running older versions of Chrome).

I thought I would raise it here just in case others were having the issue.

Since I do have a workaround (i.e. use another browser), it's not a critical issue for me.
Children