Expression Editor hangs in Chrome when scrolling past line 96

Hi,

I've had a couple of occurrences of this error in the last few days. When using Chrome to edit an Expression Rule or an Interface (in Expression View), if I try to scroll down past line 96, the browser hangs and does not recover. I'm not sure why line 96 is so special :)

The same behaviour works in Firefox (and used to work in Chrome).

I'm using Appian 17.1 (cloud) and Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I have been having a similar issue but had not pinpointed it to any particular line number - but it was happening over and over for me last week in one particular expression rule (i thought it was just my browser acting up, even though the behavior persisted between restarts).

EDIT: I just reproduced the behavior on a fresh instance / fresh restart / etc. Except for me it's line 98.

I opened the "problem rule" I mentioned above, and scrolled down using the mouse & dragging the vertical scroll bar.  Scrolling was smoothe and normal but when Line 98 appears at the bottom of the text area, it stops, the tab freezes, along with all other chrome tabs in that tab group (as determined by the grouping you'll see if you open Chrome's process monitor).

I waited until the "Pages Unresponsive" crash message appeared, elected to "Kill", re-opened the same rule, removed the entire top comment block (10 or 15 lines), then started scrolling again... and it crashes at line 98 again.

Certified Lead Developer

I have been having a similar issue but had not pinpointed it to any particular line number - but it was happening over and over for me last week in one particular expression rule (i thought it was just my browser acting up, even though the behavior persisted between restarts).

EDIT: I just reproduced the behavior on a fresh instance / fresh restart / etc. Except for me it's line 98.

I opened the "problem rule" I mentioned above, and scrolled down using the mouse & dragging the vertical scroll bar.  Scrolling was smoothe and normal but when Line 98 appears at the bottom of the text area, it stops, the tab freezes, along with all other chrome tabs in that tab group (as determined by the grouping you'll see if you open Chrome's process monitor).

I waited until the "Pages Unresponsive" crash message appeared, elected to "Kill", re-opened the same rule, removed the entire top comment block (10 or 15 lines), then started scrolling again... and it crashes at line 98 again.

Children
No Data