How could we get the months between the start date and end date

Hi All,

Currently I am working on a requirement where we need to compute the months based on start date and end date. Let me say for example start date 03/11/2016 and end date is 03/12/2017. The months between the dates should be " Dec-16", "Jan-17", 'Feb-17", How could we achieve this functionality?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Vinod,

Please use the below code snippet in an expression rule which fulfills the above mentioned requirement.

with(
    local!fromMonth: month(ri!fromDatetime),
    local!toMonth: month(ri!toDatetime),
    local!fromYear: year(ri!fromDatetime),
    local!toYear: year(ri!toDatetime),
    if(and(local!fromYear = local!toYear, local!fromMonth > local!toMonth),
    "From date should be less than to date",
    if(local!fromYear > local!toYear,
    "From date should be less than to date",
    if(local!fromYear = local!toYear,
    fn!apply(append(_, "-"&right(local!fromYear, 2)), {difference({fn!apply(fn!displayvalue(_, cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS, cons!TEST_MONTHS, null), {enumerate(local!toMonth) + local!fromMonth})}, {null})}),
    if(local!fromYear < local!toYear,
    append(
    fn!apply(append(_, "-"&right(local!fromYear, 2)), {difference({fn!apply(fn!displayvalue(_, cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS, cons!TEST_MONTHS, null), {enumerate(12) + local!fromMonth})}, {null})}),
    fn!apply(append(_, "-"&right(local!toYear, 2)), {difference({fn!apply(fn!displayvalue(_, cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS, cons!TEST_MONTHS, null), {enumerate(local!toMonth) + 1})}, {null})})
    ),
    null
    )
    )
    )
    )
    )

cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS: Contains {1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12} array.
    cons!TEST_MONTHS: Contains {Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec} array

Please let me know if you face any trouble in executing the code snippet

Thanks,
    Ramesh
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Ram
    Thank you so much - Ramesh,
    It is working fine if the year is different.
    But if year is same( example: start date: 04/04/2017, end Date: 10/04/2017) displaying from Apr-17 to Dec-17.
    displaying 3+ months .
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to vinod alla
    Hi Vinod,

Try replacing the below code i.e. code at line 11.

fn!apply(append(_, "-"&right(local!fromYear, 2)), {difference({fn!apply(fn!displayvalue(_, cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS, cons!TEST_MONTHS, null), {enumerate(local!toMonth) + local!fromMonth})}, {null})})

with

fn!apply(append(_, "-"&right(local!fromYear, 2)), {difference({fn!apply(fn!displayvalue(_, cons!TEST_MONTH_NUMBERS, cons!TEST_MONTHS, null), {enumerate(local!toMonth + 1 - local!fromMonth) + local!fromMonth})}, {null})}),

Thanks,
    Ramesh
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Ram
    Perfect - Ramesh, Now working as expected.

Thank you so much
Reply Children