Browsing rules by folder in /design?

Certified Senior Developer

Now that the rules tab is gone from /designer, we have lost the critical capability of browsing for rules, constants, and interfaces by folder. Yes, you can view folder contents in /design and navigate if you first search for the folder object and then open it, but this is a very poor experience for discoverability and browsing. Designers should be able to navigate and browse for their rules/constants/interfaces without first needing to know and specifically search for the name of the top-level rules folder for an application.

Is there a way to do this in 17.4+? If not, can this please be added as an enhancement request?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Kevin Gajewski
    Thanks Kevin, however I am aware of the breadcrumbs to navigate back up the hierarchy if you search for and open a folder somewhere under the hierarchy. And if I know the name of the top-level folder, I can even open that in /design. What I am asking for is a listing of all the folders that are at the top of that hierarchy (as seen when you clicked on the old "Rules" tab in /designer), so that I can then use that hierarchy to navigate downwards. This does not appear to currently exist in /design, despite the rules tab removal from /designer, so I think an enhancement request should be put in.

Thanks!