RecordLink and saveinto

Hi All,

is there any way to have a link that starts a process and then takes you to a record? Something like a mix of a!dynamicLink and a!recordLink,

Martin 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello Martin,

Do you have screens in your process (startProcessLink) and you want to end it on the record? Or just a a!startProcess and go to the record ?  

Can you please elaborate the use case a little more ?

One quick solution I can think is to “simulate” the record or as you mention to create the link dynamic which makes sure you end on the record. Just please respond the questions above.

Jose

• Hi Martin,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to trigger a process which would open record list or a particular record? Can you explain a bit more in detail?
  • Hi Josep, Vijay,

the process is just backend processing, no screen, basically I need to trigger the process and then take the user to a particular record.

Do you know any way to take the user to a record other than recordLink?
  • Hi Martin,

As per my knowledge, I don't think we have any other option except recordLink for this.

But we have the other component called Web Content which allows displaying content from the external source. Please check this, it may help you.

Thanks.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hello Martin,

There is a way to achieve this but again that depends on the requirement. In certain cases where if you required a!dynamicLink to call a!startProces for invoking a process model in-parallel to clicking on the recordLink(), then that can be achieved using the below way.

1. create the record link to the record.
    2. create a webapi. Here you need to write the a!startProcess() code.
    3. create an integration to invoke the webapi within Appain.
    4. in the record - summary view - interface, we can call the integration using rule domain like rule!integrationName().

So if we follow this approach then we can invoke process model to make different actions, as soon as we visit a record.

Hope this help.

Thank You
    Bibhuti
  • You can do this by having a process start link in the record summary dashboard. Or Defining a related action to trigger a process then it will revert back you to the record.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dude
    The solution mentioned by you, required more then a single user click to perform action. recordLink() or processstartlink dose not have a saveInto and button / dynamic link dose not have a link attribute. Even a related action is also required explicit click to invoke the process model. The requirement was to do both the operation (visiting a record and invoking process model) in a single click. I already explored all those options during one of the business requirement and you will never be able to achieve triggering a process model on visiting a Record using any of those options. Only the way which I suggested is one only approach/solution to achieve that. Please let me know your comment if you find any different component having a saveinto and a link option together.

Cheers,
    Bibhuti.