RecordLink and saveinto

Hi All,

is there any way to have a link that starts a process and then takes you to a record? Something like a mix of a!dynamicLink and a!recordLink,

Martin 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can do this by having a process start link in the record summary dashboard. Or Defining a related action to trigger a process then it will revert back you to the record.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dude
    The solution mentioned by you, required more then a single user click to perform action. recordLink() or processstartlink dose not have a saveInto and button / dynamic link dose not have a link attribute. Even a related action is also required explicit click to invoke the process model. The requirement was to do both the operation (visiting a record and invoking process model) in a single click. I already explored all those options during one of the business requirement and you will never be able to achieve triggering a process model on visiting a Record using any of those options. Only the way which I suggested is one only approach/solution to achieve that. Please let me know your comment if you find any different component having a saveinto and a link option together.

Cheers,
    Bibhuti.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dude
    The solution mentioned by you, required more then a single user click to perform action. recordLink() or processstartlink dose not have a saveInto and button / dynamic link dose not have a link attribute. Even a related action is also required explicit click to invoke the process model. The requirement was to do both the operation (visiting a record and invoking process model) in a single click. I already explored all those options during one of the business requirement and you will never be able to achieve triggering a process model on visiting a Record using any of those options. Only the way which I suggested is one only approach/solution to achieve that. Please let me know your comment if you find any different component having a saveinto and a link option together.

Cheers,
    Bibhuti.
Children
No Data