Connecting Appian to a Decision table rules engine

I need to connect an application in Appian to an existent decision table rules engine (third party). Is it possible to make that happen? I have a requirement to reuse an existent decision table rules without having to re-create manually those decision rules in Appian. Another alternative is to see if I can connect my application in Appian to an existent Core in order to read/retrieve those rules from it.

Any thoughts?

• Hi Juan - there isn't enough information provided to answer your question. There are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration:

• can Appian "see" the BRE (Business Rules Engine) from an infrastructure perspective?
    • does the BRE expose services to allow you to call it remotely?
    • if it can expose services what format is that in? SOAP? REST? other?
    • if not does it have an API you can program against to deliver the necessary services? Do you have the knowledge/skills to do this?
    • if you can invoke the BRE remotely does it perform adequately for your needs? Does it scale adequately?

...and I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of...

Stewart

• This is possible only when the third party system allows Appian to call the rule engine services remotely and should provide API for the same

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible