Connecting Appian to a Decision table rules engine

I need to connect an application in Appian to an existent decision table rules engine (third party). Is it possible to make that happen? I have a requirement to reuse an existent decision table rules without having to re-create manually those decision rules in Appian. Another alternative is to see if I can connect my application in Appian to an existent Core in order to read/retrieve those rules from it.

Any thoughts?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Juan - there isn't enough information provided to answer your question. There are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration:

• can Appian "see" the BRE (Business Rules Engine) from an infrastructure perspective?
    • does the BRE expose services to allow you to call it remotely?
    • if it can expose services what format is that in? SOAP? REST? other?
    • if not does it have an API you can program against to deliver the necessary services? Do you have the knowledge/skills to do this?
    • if you can invoke the BRE remotely does it perform adequately for your needs? Does it scale adequately?

...and I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of...

Stewart

• Hi Juan - there isn't enough information provided to answer your question. There are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration:

• can Appian "see" the BRE (Business Rules Engine) from an infrastructure perspective?
    • does the BRE expose services to allow you to call it remotely?
    • if it can expose services what format is that in? SOAP? REST? other?
    • if not does it have an API you can program against to deliver the necessary services? Do you have the knowledge/skills to do this?
    • if you can invoke the BRE remotely does it perform adequately for your needs? Does it scale adequately?

...and I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of...

Stewart

Children