Question for the group. We are looking to create what we call a "watchers&

Question for the group. We are looking to create what we call a "watchers" process. Example: I have a process that allows a user to generate a work request. This request can be accessed, edited, add notes to it, change status, attach documents, etc. It is basically a work ticket. On many occasions the requestor wants other users to be able to "watch" the progress of this ticket. For example, if a new note is added to the request then have an email generated to everyone that is on the "watchers list" that a new note has been added to work request #34. These watchers can be added at any time to a request by anyone that has privileges. So the criteria we are looking for is as follows:

- All watchers are in the Appian system - so we can use the user field to find and select users
- Anytime a "work request is opened" a user should be able to add a user to the watchers list
- A watchers list is specific to the work request so there ...

OriginalPostID-92692

OriginalPostID-92692

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Creating a group is the right way to go. We create a lot of "ticket" specific groups as we need to set permissions very tight. For our procurement process we have a per ticket guest list which has only permission to view the ticket. Either the service manager or a process adds or removes a "guest" from the list. I think removing old unused group can be done in a scheduled process when the group name includes some ID related to the ticket.
  • Creating a group is the right way to go. We create a lot of "ticket" specific groups as we need to set permissions very tight. For our procurement process we have a per ticket guest list which has only permission to view the ticket. Either the service manager or a process adds or removes a "guest" from the list. I think removing old unused group can be done in a scheduled process when the group name includes some ID related to the ticket.
Children
No Data