I have some esclation timers that I set up on a task. I'm using the escalate

I have some esclation timers that I set up on a task. I'm using the escalate at the date and time specified by this expression. "= workday ( pv!end_date , - 17 , cons!holidays_date )". And I have one for -14, -10, -8 and -6 days. Now the issue I'm having, is that if I go and change the end date, and the end date is at minus 8 for example, I will get all escalations up to the -8.

I tried to make sure that the escalation are only sent, by adding an expression at the bottom (timer conditions, will fire if it's true) which compares "now()" with the "end date minus the number"... (to make sure that today's date is greater or equal to my expression.)

Sometimes it's working and others is not, any suggestion on how I could make it work so that if the end date is changed that I only get the escalation closer to today's date?

OriginalPostID-101277

OriginalPostID-101277

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I was able to make it work with some tweaking. For escalation at 2 weeks I have created an escalations for day 10, 8 and 6. This is day 10 example. This prevents that if the end date is changed, the escalation will only work if "now()" is in range of the escalation. (it's not perfect but it's better than receiving all prior escalations)

Escalate at the date and time specified by this expression: = workday ( pv!end_date , - 10 , cons!holidays_date )

I added this condition and the bottom:

now ( ) >= workday ( pv!end_date , - 10 , cons!holidays_date )
    now ( ) <= workday ( pv!end_date , - 9 , cons!holidays_date )
  • I was able to make it work with some tweaking. For escalation at 2 weeks I have created an escalations for day 10, 8 and 6. This is day 10 example. This prevents that if the end date is changed, the escalation will only work if "now()" is in range of the escalation. (it's not perfect but it's better than receiving all prior escalations)

Escalate at the date and time specified by this expression: = workday ( pv!end_date , - 10 , cons!holidays_date )

I added this condition and the bottom:

now ( ) >= workday ( pv!end_date , - 10 , cons!holidays_date )
    now ( ) <= workday ( pv!end_date , - 9 , cons!holidays_date )
Children
No Data