a!startProcessLink() Inconsistent Behaviour

I have related action which uses a start form. The record is exposed in sites (users work on site, not tempo)

When i click on the related action, i show an interface which has a  a!startProcessLink(). On click of this link, it triggers a process and shows an interface. Once i complete the task and click on "Close" button, i expect to be taken back to the start form from where i triggered the a!startProcessLink(). But the button does not seem to work and i am stuck in the same page. I see that when URL gets updated but the page is not refreshed. I manually need to go to the browser and refresh again to be taken back to the start form again. Should it not automatically take me to the start page (i.e the page from which i triggered it). 

I changed form from a start form to a user input interface task, then also facing the same issue.

Once i refresh the browser manually, it takes me to the start form again properly. if i trigger the start process from the start form immediately again it works fine. (Trigger startprocesslink, close the task, return to start page without needing a manual browser refresh).

Once i refresh the browser manually, it takes me to the start form again properly. if i close the start form and then trigger the process again by going to related action and creating a new start form. Again manual refresh is needed. 

Any inputs. Is this a known issue in 18.2?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Siddharth,

Please specify the configuration of the Action performed on "Close" button in PM. Have you used a Terminate node or End node?
    As specified by others, please check the activity chaining.

Thanks,
    Farnaz
  • Hi Everyone,

Yes.

Related action Process has only a start form and an end node and that is activity chained. The a!startProcessLink all the nodes are activity chained.
    The button is buttonWidgetSubmit and it submits the form. This is a common form and its working from the record dashboard.

This is failing in Sites --> Related Action--> Trigger process with start form --> Trigger a!startProcessLink from the start form --> Close button --> Does not take you back to the start form or record dashboard. Its stuck.
  • I also saw another thread -->
    community.appian.com/.../60194

Looks like its happening in couple of places and the behavious is not consistent.
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to siddharths
    Hey Siddharth,

This issue is definitely not related to startprocesslink. There might be something happening inside the process model that is being called after clicking the link from main task form, As Farnaz mentioned, Please check the logic for end event. You might not have configured the terminate process there
  • Hi Vivek,

I tried with the same process from two places -

1. Record dashboard --> A!startprocesslink --> UI Task --> Close --> Takes me back to the record dashboard. (Expected Behaviour)
    2. Related Action --> Start Form --> A!startprocesslink --> UI Task --> Close --> Nothing happens. Need to refresh browser manually for the screen to go back to the start form.

previously the process start links were calling different process models and there could have been issues with button configuration, chaining, terminate events. But now i checkd with the same process model from two places. Its not taking me back correctly in the 2nd scenario.

I have raised an appian support ticket. i will keep this thread posted.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to siddharths
    Just for completeness sake - does it behave the same way if you launch the start from from Tempo as an action, and click the startProcessLink there? Such that the only difference would be between tempo / sites.

One suspicion I have about this, is that since a Start Form doesn't represent an actual running process instance, the UI is becoming confused at what it's "supposed" to return to after the a!startProcessLink process flow is completed.
  • Mike,

Even i suspect its a start form issue and its does not recognize the instance it has to return to.

I have not tried it from tempo --> action. But i tried the below sequence one in Tempo and Site. Its working for Tempo automatically. But Sites it needs a manual browser refresh. Seems to be an issue with Sites only.

Related Action --> Start Form --> A!startprocesslink --> UI Task --> Close --> Nothing happens. Need to refresh browser manually for the screen to go back to the start form.
  • Mike,

Even i suspect its a start form issue and its does not recognize the instance it has to return to.

I have not tried it from tempo --> action. But i tried the below sequence one in Tempo and Site. Its working for Tempo automatically. But Sites it needs a manual browser refresh. Seems to be an issue with Sites only.

Related Action --> Start Form --> A!startprocesslink --> UI Task --> Close --> Nothing happens. Need to refresh browser manually for the screen to go back to the start form.
Children
No Data