[Record List] Export to Excel with rich text icon captions

A Score Level 2

Hello,

I am working with a record list that has both rich text image and rich text icons.
It looks like the "Export to Excel" functionnality only exports rich text images' captions but does not export rich text icons' captions.

Has anyone encountered the same problem ?

I understand that it would be possible to use images everywhere instead of icons but it's not a satisfying workaround in my opinion because rich text icons are much more easy to manipulate.

Thank you for your feedback !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Is it possible that you have multiple rich text components within a single rich text display field? I believe you need a single rich text item / rich text icon in order for it to export correctly

A Score Level 2
    in reply to Brandon Frulla

Hello Brandon, 

I did open a case and the answer was "Excel only supports one text style per cell. Therefore, styled text will only be exported accordingly if there is one styled text per cell. Cells with multiple styled text will export as unstyled text. In this case this field is an icon within a rich text display field, therefore has two styles to the cell."

I do understand that, as for today:

- it is not possible to use style icons in a record list AND to get their caption in the excel export.

- the only way to do so would be to use an image component and therefore it's not possible with a styled icon.