"The record type [identifier=SYSTEM_RECORD_TYPE_USER] does not exist, has been deleted, or you do not have sufficient privileges to access its data":

Hi All,

When we deactivated any user in appian system we are getting the error as ""The record type [identifier=SYSTEM_RECORD_TYPE_USER] does not exist, has been deleted, or you do not have sufficient privileges to access its data". but i am  mapping to the correct record type still the same error is throwing. Previously it was worked for appian 20.3 version but recently we have migrated to 21.1 version. Could you please let me know whether it causes any issue.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

This is an expected behavior since a long time ago.  Basically the record type is configured to only allow activated entries to be shown by default, so if you have a related action to deactivate an entry, trying to send the user back to the record page afterwards will always cause this error message to pop up.  Basically the best recommended way to circumvent this is to have the user land on a task after the deactivation has finished, which they have to click away from (i.e. no "submit" button leading to the end node); that or it could have a link back to the record type or site parent page, depending on what you prefer.

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply,

As a Admin who have deactivate  the user we are changing the status  ID from Activate to Deactivate  in database table. When we try to pull  all the cases related to that particular person from that table where we are using record type its used to work previously  but currently it was not working  after the migration from Appian system 20.3 to 21.1. It is intermitted happening sometimes its pulling the data but not working always. Could you please let me know can we have to check from migration point of view or we have to check in any other side.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to ungaralav0002

I'm a little unclear what your desired user experience is with respect to this.  Can you clarify whether this record is focused on a database table or just on the system users?  Is the active user expected to be able to see deactivated entries?

• Hi Mike,

We have designed users tab in sites page. When we want to select a users to deactivate once the user got deactivated whichever cases linked to the user its shows in the confirmation. After making deactivation confirmation screen was not displaying and showing the error as 

"The record type [identifier=SYSTEM_RECORD_TYPE_USER] does not exist, has been deleted, or you do not have sufficient privileges to access its data":

This Error  is intermittent and not coming always. Sometimes we are  able to deactivate the user and able to see the confirmation page (i.e) cases linked to the user. 

Once the user got deactivated we are changing the user status to deactivate.

We have not faced this issue earlier with Appian 20.3 but after migrating to 21.1 version we are having this issue.

When we try to reactivate the user we are not facing any issues with it.

• The fact that it's happening intermittently makes me think there could be a race condition going on. Do you have parallel flows in the process that deactivates the user?

• Hi Carlos,

No, We don't have parallel flows in the process that deactivates the user.