22.3 Feedback - Please bring back the "floating" global search bar

Certified Lead Developer

In 22.3 the "global search bar" has been centralized somewhat and pinned to the top bar of /Design, with added functionality, which is neat.

However the "floating" bar invoked by pressing CTRL-Space is no longer "floating", meaning the CTRL-Space hotkey no longer works at all in a very important (to me, at least) use case: during pop-up dialogs (eg the deployment pop-up, missing precedents, etc).

The way it worked before: even if I have a missing precedent checker or deployment window open, but still want to search for and/or open some object, I could just hit CTRL-Space and search:

(from 22.2)

Meanwhile, after upgrading to 22.3, we can see the "search objects" bar hanging out in the background but being completely useless even if I spam the CTRL-Space hotkey:

I can't speak for others here, but I estimate that I personally used this functionality very often to look up and/or open objects I need even when in the middle of a pop-up dialog I don't want to interrupt (or sometimes to check for something that I think should be included in it, etc).

CLARIFYING EDIT: the CTRL-Space search STILL DOES WORK (just... moved slightly, not "floating", but with some nice details added) when not obstructed by a pop-up dialog (like the Missing Precedents checker or the Deployment Sequence).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children