AQuAMan

Overview

As a Peer Reviewer I want to have a fast and predictable method of checking the quality of application patches so that I do not have to exert a lot of time and energy manually checking these against the application standards.

As a Lead Developer I want to define and manage the quality standards that comprise the 'Definition of Good' for my application so that they can be applied and reported on in a peer review against an application patch.

Key Features & Functionality

• Automate 80% of the Peer Review checklist items
  • Register Appian applications and define common standards across that application
  • Run a suite of tests across an application patch
  • Report on failed tests
  • Copy tests between applications
  • Define new object/attribute tests (including database table and view objects) and apply within an application
  • Set the reported significance for a failed test (Fail/Warning/Information)
  • Report on unused variables in Expression Rules and Interfaces
  • Report on the complexity score for Expression Rules and Interfaces
  • Report on missing labels/accessibility text for Interface Object components

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi /Author,

We are facing issues in Aquaman application while trying to analyse a patch which contains Process Models. Please find the below error:

"An error occurred while evaluating expression: =rule!AQA_ER_identifyObjectType(objects: pv!patchObjects) (Expression evaluation error in rule 'aqa_er_identifyobjecttype' at function a!forEach [line 7]: Error in a!forEach() expression during iteration 1: Expression evaluation error at function a!forEach [line 14]: Error in a!forEach() expression during iteration 1: Expression evaluation error at function 'xpathdocument' [line 23]: A Namespace with the prefix 'n1' has already been declared.) (Data Inputs)"

Please find attached screenshots for reference.

Could you please help me with the same. Thanks.

Regards,

Subhadeep

• Hi - apologies for the slow response on this.

I have discovered that this is due to a change in a release of Appian that causes the fn!xpathdocument() to throw this error when introspecting into some (but not all) Process Models. There is a hotfix for this that you can raise with Appian support. Just mention the error and the fact that it is in the function mentioned and they can apply the hotfix to your environment.

• Just to clarify - the fix worked in the environment where an existing instance of AQuAMan was running so it's not an (AQuAMan) application issue.

Regarding support for MSSQL - apologies, I do not have the scripts for any other DB other than MariaDB. 

• Hello  ,

Thanks for the update, recently we upgraded or local environment from 22.3 to 23.3 Appian Version. As checked with appian support team, they mention that the XPATH fix is part of the new version.

However, I am still getting the issue. Raised a Appian Support case to look that is it platform issue or Application?

Also, as I am installing Application in our local environment, and we have MSSQL DB. Can you please provide the scripts in MSSQL as well? 

Thanks

• Hi  

Apologies for the delay in relying, I've been out of the office.

I don't have a reference to the hotfix specifically but I do have a reference to a separate support case that you can mention: "612282 - Please make an incident for Xpath broken"

This should provide enough context for your support engineer to apply the relevant fix.

regards

Stewart

• Hello  ,

Can you please let us know the hotfix name or number  which is required to deploy in on premises server to fix the  

fn!xpathdocument()  ?

Thanks

Sushil kapoor

Comment Children