Calendar Display Component

Overview

The Groundswell Calendar Display, powered by ToastUI, gives designers the ability to quickly have a modern calendar display in their sites and dashboards with the simplicity of a single component. The dense, versatile display supports different calendar views with styling matching your site’s accent color. Example interfaces and utility rules are attached, which demonstrate usage and features of the component.

Key Features & Functionality

• Display an array of events in Daily, Weekly, or Monthly format. Toggle days and weeks using an input parameter.
  • Automatic timezone shifting. By default, all provided events display in the timezone of your browser, but this can be overridden by providing TZ names ("America/Los_Angeles") OR a timezone code (EDT,CST,etc).
  • Multiple language support. Currently supports US English (en-US), UK English (en-GB), Spanish (es), Italian (it), Polish (pl), and Portuguese (pt).
  • Supports different date formats via a parameter.
  • Supports a detailed event pop-up of time, title, attendees, location, and event description.
  • Supports custom colors, font sizes, borders, and other attributes via applying custom themes.
  • Support for visible weeks, weekend display, and start of week for specific locale needs.
  • Allows event selection, should you want to edit an event or display details in addition to, or in lieu of, the detailed pop-up view.
  • Allows events to be "rescheduled" via drag and drop or through a modal
  • Allows events to be created and deleted directly from the calendar
  • Supports multiple calendars
  • More details and examples available in attached resources and sample application.
Anonymous
  • Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with the monthly calendar. When I create an event from Monday to Friday, in some weeks of a specific month, it doesn't display completely; it only shows until Thursday. This doesn't happen every month, only in some, such as October 2024. I've created an event that lasts from the week of October 28th to November 1st inclusive, and it only displays the event until the 31st.

The same issue occurred in March 2024 (all events are created from Monday to Friday, inclusive).

Could you please verify what is happening?

Thank you in advance

• Is there a plan to possible make this to where you could have columns for scheduling things in different rooms then be able to move events from rooms to rooms? 

• This is expected behavior. Adding events to the calendar is not currently supported, and the behavior you are noted is part of the underlying framework.Adding this capability is something that can go on our backlog, but the workaround for now is to create events using a SAIL interface.

• Hi,

Thanks for making this great plug-in. I've noticed that when readOnly is false for the calendarDisplayFIeld, I can select an event and access the event information through the selectedEvent parameter. However, when I am on the day or week view and double click to create an event on any blank space, nothing is captured in the local variable I have assigned to selectedEvent.

Eg.

I'm not sure if it is supposed to do this, but it would be great if that would capture the start and end times so that we can use that data elsewhere on the interface.

Cheers.

• Are there any errors in the console that don't have the "[Report Only]" tag? Unfortunately, none of these screenshots provide enough information to be helpful.

Given the examples provided are working on my end as far as I can tell, my only guess is something related to caching is breaking.

Do you have another appiancloud environment you can deploy to and test?

• Hi 

Thank you for this feature appreciated it a lot, I would like to ask if there's a plan to have a holiday tagging of a specific date.

example:

January 1 new year, just to change the color of the number 1

Thank you

• Hi Justin,

Thanks again for your support.

I tried in an incognito. It doesn't work.

I look forward to your reply!

• I've run the same test with all available versions and am getting successful results (attaching that SAIL here as well):

Given the NaN error, I'm thinking something unexpected is happening in the JS files itself, likely a cache error. So to start, can you please try clearing browser cache or accessing this interface incognito to see if that works better?

If not, then I'll need any Console errors from Chrome's Dev Tools (F12) , like below:

a!localVariables(
      local!events: {
          a!map(
            id: 15,
            calendarId: 1,
            title: "El Farolito de Calahorra",
            category: "time",
            attendees: "SALVADOR ESTR" & fn!char(193) & "N GEA",
            body: "Status: Confirmada",
            start: "2023-08-25T10:30:00.000Z",
            end: "2023-08-25T12:00:00.000Z"
          ),
          a!map(
            id: 16,
            calendarId: 1,
            title: "El Farolito de Calahorra",
            category: "time",
            attendees: "JUAN BARBADILLO CLABBURN",
            body: "Status: Rechazada",
            start: "2023-08-25:00:00.000Z",
            end: "2023-08-25T12:30:00.000Z"
          )
      },
      a!columnsLayout(
        columns: {
          a!columnLayout(
            contents:{
              calendarDisplayField_v3(
                dateContext: today(),
                viewType: "DAY",
                events: local!events
              )          
            }
          ),
          a!columnLayout(
              calendarDisplayField_v4(
              )
            }
          ),
          a!columnLayout(
              calendarDisplayField_v5(
              )
            }
          )      
        }
        )
    )

• Hi! Thanks for your response.

It doesn't wrok with the lastest version. It only works with v2.

I have 23.2 cloud version

• Unfortunately, I can't replicate the issue; I was successfully with the following. I created a simple test interface with your date (altered to today's today). Hopefully this helps.