Dynamic Site Management

Overview

As an Appian Developer, I want to:

• Add another level of nesting in a Sites Page so that I can pack more content into an Appian Site which is limited to five Pages
  • Track adoption/usage of Appian Sites/Pages/Views so that I can see where users are spending their time
  • Add a sitemap that links to important pages and resources across my system
  • Easily display components in a tabular layout

As an Appian End User, I want to:

• Have Appian remember which Site Page View I was on so that I can return to it at my next session
  • Get a deep link to an Appian Site Page View so that I can bookmark or share a direct link to it [Not supported in the Appian Mobile App. Only supported in desktop or mobile web browsers.]

Pre-requisite for optional Google Analytics tracking: https://community.appian.com/b/appmarket/posts/google-analytics-utility

Key Features & Functionality

Site Page Views

• Allows users to navigate through different views for a single Site page
  • Displays view selectors as buttons or cards with an optional left-navigation bar
  • Allows users to bookmark their current view and share "deep links" to them with others [Not supported in the Appian Mobile App. Only supported in desktop or mobile web browsers.]
  • The system remembers the user's last visited page view across refreshes and logouts

Sitemap

• Shows a hierarchical, multi-column list of sites, pages, page views, and links in an intuitive, information dense, interface
  • Allows users to do "sounds like" search for Sitemap content
  • Leverages the view selector configurations used above
  • Indicates points-of-contact for Sitemap content
  • Display global contact information
  • Display global links to non-Site resources

2D Layout Utility

• Easily lay out an array of components in a grid based on a few easy-to-use designer configurations

Review the easy-to-understand Example app to quickly understand how to adopt this functionality for your Sites and deliver a much bigger punch via your Appian apps!

Icon "Icon Pond" made by https://www.flaticon.com/authors/popcorns-arts

Anonymous
Parents Comment Children