End-User Reporting

Overview

Allows end users of the platform to construct their own grids, charts, and dashboards.

Key Features & Functionality

• Quick setup of data catalog based on existing record types
  • Front end construction of the follow types: grid, pie charts, bar charts, column chart, line chart, KPI, and more!
  • Front end configuration of dashboards to combine multiple charts into a single page with page filters
  • Dashboards and reports can be individually shared with Users and Groups
  • End user documentation

Note: Appian provides self-service analytics capabilities where end users can explore enterprise data and build their own custom reports. Before downloading this utility, refer to Appian Documentation to see if you can use the available self-service analytics capabilities.

Anonymous
  • v2.2.0 Release Notes
    • New Features
    • Specify labels for columns
    • Cross-report drilldowns
    • Add filters on aggregation columns
    • Show/Hide display toggle
    • Bug Fixes
    • Parent filters not passing into drilldown
    • Public dashboard incorrect visibility
    • Errors on notifications page when group deleted
    • Bar chart displaying two data series
    • Clearing choice rule ref error on configure record screen
    • User/group picker required on Share related action
  • That issue is going to be fixed in the next version.  If you want to fix it manually as it might be a week or so before the new version is up here the fix is to update:

isnull(fv!item.choicesRuleRef) 

to

rule!AH_isBlank(fv!item.choicesRuleRef)

in AH_GenerateExpression

As for what you are after, it does sound like a custom formatter - all of the documentation for this should be available in the Documentation tab (Question Mark icon).  

Do you have a reference table where with a M:1 relationship against the main record type and instead use the value in the reference table rather than displaying what sounds like the foreign key?

• Hi Mike,

The new version did indeed fix that issue.   Ran into another issue thought I should share.   I added an expression rule name to a record type field hoping to solve the data model issue we have where reference type relationships are using map of name / value pairs (e.g value stored is 1 but we display "Category 1").     Upon realizing my misunderstanding of what the choice rule expression would do I went to remove it from the record type configuration and receive this error when saving:

Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = 0d1a6:1b2d0] in rule 'ah_configurerecordtype' (called by rule 'ah_configurerecordtypes') at function a!buttonWidget [line 967]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error in rule 'ah_generateexpression' at function a!forEach [line 7]: Error in a!forEach() expression during iteration 3: Expression evaluation error: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'name' of type String into type List of Variant

Also with regards to resolving reference type values to labels in chart data points  is this where I have to implement custom field formatters for all use cases (e.g.  a chart of ticket category counts shows label of 1 instead of "Category 1")?

Thanks,

Bob

• Hi Mike, 

I just downloaded it yesterday, must have just missed the latest updated version.  Thanks for the quick reply.   Will try to reinstall latest.

Bob

• Please try the newest version, this is an issue with 2.0.1.

If you'd rather fix it, simply delete this line from AH_GenerateExpression: 

"      isMultiple: " & if(isnull(fv!item.isMultiple), false, fv!item.isMultiple) & "," & char(10) & 
  • Hi,

Installed and attempting to import my first record type package and then configuriing record type for available fields and filters.   When clicking the save button receive this error.   Any thoughts if I did something wrong in stall or did I hit a bug?

Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = 925d0:c9f92] in rule 'ah_configurerecordtype' (called by rule 'ah_configurerecordtypes') at function a!buttonWidget [line 967]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error in rule 'ah_generateexpression' at function a!forEach [line 7]: Error in a!forEach() expression during iteration 1: Expression evaluation error at function 'isnull' parameter 1 [line 81]: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'isMultiple' of type Text into type AH_RecordField

Regards,

Bob

• Release Notes - v2.1.0
    New Features

* Enhanced record Picker instead of dropdown for configuring record types
    * Ability to configure 1:M fields (for grid reports only)
    * Active Filter on My Reminders

Bug Fixes

* Reminder process model timeout
    * Adding back AUTO Column Chart height choice option
    * Fixing active status on reminders
    * isMultiple issue on generating expression
  • Release Notes - v2.0.1

New Features
    • Features for easier upgrades
    • Encapsulating various features for easier upgrading (user and group pickers, send e-mail process)
    • Moved custom formats to its own constant
    • Configurable column widths for non-aggregation grids
    • Adding percentage format type that can be formatted as a milestone bar with dynamic coloring
    • Uses user locale for dates
    • Adding scheduled exports of reports and Dashboards (Reminders)
    • Adding charts
    • Burndown
    • Sankey (requires version 1.2 of ad-hoc reporting component plugin)
    • Tile map (requires version 1.2 of ad-hoc reporting component plugin)
    • Scatter (requires version 1.2 of ad-hoc reporting component plugin)

Bugs
    • Issue with negative relative datetimes in advanced filters
    • Issue with parsing of xsd with double field type

• v1.7.1 Release Notes

New Features:
    * Added end-user choice for formatting columns
    * Added gauge report
    * Allowed selecting Total Count for KPI and Gauge reports

Bug Fixes:
    * Dashboard missing owner when created from dashboard tab
    * Fixing drilldowns between two record types
    * Export toggle missing for charts