End-User Reporting

Overview

Allows end users of the platform to construct their own grids, charts, and dashboards.

Key Features & Functionality

• Quick setup of data catalog based on existing record types
  • Front end construction of the follow types: grid, pie charts, bar charts, column chart, line chart, KPI, and more!
  • Front end configuration of dashboards to combine multiple charts into a single page with page filters
  • Dashboards and reports can be individually shared with Users and Groups
  • End user documentation

Note: Appian provides self-service analytics capabilities where end users can explore enterprise data and build their own custom reports. Before downloading this utility, refer to Appian Documentation to see if you can use the available self-service analytics capabilities.

Anonymous
  • Michael, we are moving from 2.4.0 to 2.8.0. I have SQL files from 2.5.0 to 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 and to 2.8.0, but none before that. Is there an SQL for 2.4.0 to 2.5.0? If so, could you please attach that sql file. I am actually "subscribed" to this and I did not get word about updates, so I'll talk to Appian about that. It might be the whole military email address or some filter. I don't have a junk box filter, so that wouldn't be it locally. Anyway, I will watch for your response. Thanks.

• If you are referring to the record types set up during the Configure Record Types action, then you can remove them by clicking "Override Safety Settings" in that action and then deleting the record type from that grid.

If you simply uploaded them during the Upload System Record Types action and you didn't mean to (maybe because they aren't available in the next environments, you simple need to delete them from this rule:

AH_SystemRecordTypes

• Right but there were record types we didn't want added inadvertently added, so we want to remove them.

• It's fine to have the record types and database tables to support them in each environment, you just don't need to push any of the table content into the higher level environments.

• When you compare and deploy, those record types are pushed to the next environment as a matter of course. You perform the procedure in dev and compare/deploy to test then to prod.

• None of the data that's uploaded in Upload System Record Types needs, or really should, be pushed to any other environment.

• We are on version 2.4.0 I believe.

• Hi Micahel,

If we want to remove data that's been added via Upload System Record Types in Admin Tools, how would we remove them if not needed or we do not want to push them to the next environment. For example, if there is something in Dev that we don't want to push to Test or in Test we don't want in Prod?

Thanks,

Jim

• Hi Michael,

With the most recent upgrade of Appian to 22.3 one of the plugin functions was deprecated convert docx to pdf in the Dynamic Document Generator.  We use this plugin function in a couple of process models so it was failing.  I found a similar function in a plugin you included in the End User Reporting and it works for all but one of the processes.  Was wondering if you could include the plugin in the App Market for general use and/or include documentation so that I could research the 1 issue more closely.

Thanks for you help

• Release Notes - v2.8.0

New Features:
    • Record Types can now be disabled
    • Added distinct count option for integer type fields
    • Documentation directly in Appian (instead of as pdfs)
    • Filter record type options for dashboard filters to records used on dashboard

Bug Fixes:
    • Export error for grids