Interactive SVG Map Component

Overview

The possibility to highlight business KPIs with colors on tailored custom maps and to drill down into details from that is a common need in several sectors such as:

• Retail for stores
  • Public Sector for geographical area
  • Logistic for warehouses
  • Office Space design/allocation
  • and many others

Leveraging an SVG integration, we provide a way to customer to use their own svg maps into Appian SAIL.

Key Features & Functionality

The interactiveSvgMapComponent allows customers to:

• Provide a custom SVG map image
  • Specify a list of areas as a parameter for which a different color (standard Appian colors or hex code) can be applied, show a custom tooltip, decide the best way to highlight the area on mouse hover, and optionally allow a click event on the area itself
  • Zoom in and out on the map using the mouse, buttons, or icons
  • Pan the map within the component area
  • Use Appian document generation template format to populate a text field in the map image with Appian values
  • As a result, the component will return the index of the selected area (across the ones specified as a parameter), which can be used in SAIL to show the details data related to that area
  • By leveraging the Rich Text Editor image upload connected system, it is also possible to convert the resulting map into a PNG image document for reporting purposes or for use in SAIL interfaces for read-only users.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, I used this plug-in in my community appian and everything worked fine. Then I copied the interface in my company's appian and map won't appear. Everything is the same. I had an issue of this type a month ago, when I didn't see the map, but one of my colleagues did - I thought that it could be a version issue (as my company's Appian used the previous version of plug-in), but now neither of us sees the map. (Currently we have the latest version of plug-in)

• Things I would check

• Are you experiencing this with just this plugin or with other Interface components as well ? 
    • Are you rendering the same map you have on your community or is it a different map ?
    • Also have you tried to inspect the page ?
Comment Children
No Data