JWT

Overview

Generate and validate JSON web tokens for use in integrating and authenticating with external systems, using a JWKS registry to get public keys for token signature validation

Key Features & Functionality

• createtoken (Function) - create a signed JSON web token with standard claims.
  • createtokenwithcustomclaims (Function) - create a signed JSON web token with standard claims and additional custom claims that may be required for authentication with specific systems.
  • validatejwtsignature (Function) - Verify a received token against the issuing system's public key. Returns true if token was verified.
  • decodeJWT (Function) - Given a JWKS registry URL and a token, retrieve the proper public key and validate the given token returning an string with the decoded token if signature is valid, null otherwise.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, 

I'm trying to function "createtoken" of this plugin but I've an issue in creating the token.

I have a private key like this

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

<<MULTILINE DATA>>

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

I have added the key in third party credentials but the I receive the error: "Appian JWTTools failed to read private key"

I tried to remove newlines but the error is the same.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Comment
  • Hello, 

I'm trying to function "createtoken" of this plugin but I've an issue in creating the token.

I have a private key like this

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

<<MULTILINE DATA>>

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

I have added the key in third party credentials but the I receive the error: "Appian JWTTools failed to read private key"

I tried to remove newlines but the error is the same.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Children